COVID-19: Guidelines to prevent spread of COVID-19
As always, the safety and wellbeing of our customers, team members and communities is our top priority. We want to assure you that for those attending meetings or events at our venue, that we, along with our amazing catering provider Dish Catering, are taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 following Ministry of Health guidelines.
Key Activity and Processes
- COVID-19 Sanitizing Stations at entrance to venue
- QR code scanning for all visitors to the facility
- Face masks required for all those visiting the facility, and wearing in all common areas
- Implementation of a robust contact tracing log for all staff, suppliers, contractors and anyone else coming into our venue.
- Creating event floor plans to ensure there can be 1m physical distancing between people
- Implementation of social distancing floor markings and stanchions at entrance to venue.
- Regularly disinfecting surfaces and increasing the level and frequency of cleaning bathrooms and disposal procedures for rubbish bins
- PPE equipment that will be used by our staff in certain instances – for example, during regular bathroom cleans.
- Holding regular staff briefings throughout Level 2 where there will be consistent messaging regarding the importance of being vigilant in safe hygiene practices and firm reminders that any staff member who is suspected / probable / confirmed to have COVID-19, experiencing any form of known COVID-19 symptom or any other sign of illness / infection, should be in self-isolation or quarantine and/or awaiting a result from a COVID-19 test must stay at home. This messaging will also be disseminated to staff via email and on-site noticeboards
- Encouragement to all event organisers/clients to either provide reusable water bottles or advise delegates to provide their own.
- Posters talking to safe hygiene practises disseminated throughout our buildings
- Hand sanitiser stations installed in all meeting rooms and foyers where there is high foot traffic
- COVID-19 signage throughout venue outlining correct hygiene procedures and encouraging social distancing
As the contracted caterer to Napier Conferences & Events, Dish Foods NZ Ltd are committed to creating a safe and hygienic food service for all clients using the venue.
All of our staff have been trained in the safe preparation and service of food within our venues.
In line with the NZ Food Safety Guidelines, our staff will ensure physical distancing during food preparation and service, be extra vigilant with hand washing, wear appropriate PPE when serving food and frequently wash, rinse and sanitise food contact surfaces and utensils.
Our menus have been designed to minimise exposure to the environment, and we now have pre-packed options to give you and your attendees peace of mind throughout your event . The staff at the Napier Conferences & Events will be happy to forward you our new menus, however should you have any questions or concerns regarding food preparation and service, please feel free to contact us directly.
For Our Clients and Event Delegates
As a reminder to our clients and their event delegates, we encourage you to follow these basic principles to reduce the risk of spreading viral infections:
- Stay at home if you are suspected / probable / confirmed to have COVID-19, experiencing any form of known COVID-19 symptom or any other sign of illness / infection, should be in self-isolation or quarantine and/or are awaiting a result from a COVID-19 test
- Avoid close contact with people suffering symptoms of COVID-19, the flu or any other illness or infection
- Wash hands frequently
- Always practice cough and sneeze etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing
- Maintain a sensible distance from others
We ask you to share the above information with your event attendees, your suppliers and anyone else who you may be including as part of your event with Napier Conferences & Events.
In addition to our own contact tracing log, we will require you to create and save a record of your event attendees to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
Prior to your event we also ask you to share with us any advice you may be issuing to your attendees regarding health and safety practices, plus your event health and safety plan.
We look forward to welcoming you to our venue and thank you for your support.
30 November 2021
Back to News